About Vijaybhoomi School Connect
A platform, and an effective bridge between the School and University ecosystem. The School Connect Program works closely with schools to fulfil the following three objectives:
a. To expose students to newer opportunities and vast knowledge resources
b. To work with school faculty to enhance their teaching skills and knowledge
c. To create an effective communication channel between both ecosystems.
Under this program we have devised a series of different interventions: academic- and skill-based, as well as students and teachers focused, to benefit all stakeholders of the ecosystem. These interventions follow a hybrid model giving the school and students the power to choose between mediums according to their comfort levels. There are ample opportunities to host these interventions on our beautiful, sprawling 55 acres campus for a wholesome experience.
This structured program was established in 2021 and since then, the Vijaybhoomi School Connect Program has connected with over 400 Schools from 20+ States in India and across the globe, not to mention, with a presence in countries such as the UAE, Qatar, Mauritius, Japan, South Africa, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
Career Discovery And Self- Exploration
Read MoreRead LessIntelligences, helps students to introspect and reflect, to discover their dream career. Apart from a counselling session, students have the option of attending diverse workshops in the areas of Management, Law, Design, Data Science, Music and Technology to enhance their knowledge and thereby make better choices.
Read MoreRead LessThese activities are extended to students to acquaint them with those specific fields, and to make the aware of the infinite possibilities of innovation and excellence in each area.
Some examples of our domain-specific workshop:
i. Creating an Entrepreneurial Mindset.
ii. Unlocking the Right Brain.
iii. Solving India’s Biggest problem.
iv. Lawyering in the New Decade.
v. Creating a Sustainable Business.
vi. Creating your own Music.
vii. Intelligent Automation Decoded.
viii. AnyBody Can Draw
Faculty Specific Workshops
Read MoreRead Lesslearning models, pedagogy styles, developing precise systems to track learning of students, bringing new approaches to classroom, and reigniting the joy of learning. Similarly, we annually host Vivartan - a dialogue between school educators to discuss and resolve some of the complex problems facing our Indian education system within creative formats.
Read MoreRead LessOur annual debate completion- ForNotFor is now synonymous with being a high quality debate competition in the country. Debating coupled with numerous workshops to improve skills of students has made this competition a student favourite within a short period.
Discovery Challenge is a unique competition of VU that gives a chance to students to don the hat of problem-solvers and ideate on solutions to some of the complex problems the world is facing.
Read MoreRead Lessstudents where a few handpicked students are mentored by our senior faculty to produce research articles. Top research articles are published in our in-house ‘The IDEAS Journal’ (ISSN number awaited).
Dean, JAGSoM, VU Mumbai Campus
Dean Of School, Faculty - Sound Engineering
Dean, Vijaybhoomi School Of Science and Science
Senior Manager, School Connect
VU School Research Incubation Program
About the Program
Vijaybhoomi University’s School Students Research Initiative is a first-of-its kind program in India directed towards nurturing research at the school level. The learning outcomes associated with this research initiative also support Vijaybhoomi’s broader institutional goals and the objectives of our core interdisciplinary curriculum.
University Learning Outcomes
The University aims at the following outcomes from this initiative:
- Nurture a culture of research from grass-root levels.
- Strengthen inter-disciplinary research and network with schools.
- School students should be able analyze, synthesize, and articulate ideas clearly.
- Students should be able to demonstrate integrity, and professional responsibility at early stages of academic life.
- Students should be able to identify, analyze, and solve multidisciplinary issues.
- Students should develop and hone their analytical skills through research.
- Students should be able to understand issues that are paramount to societal development and empowerment.
Research Learning Outcomes
By participating in this initiative, the school students will be able to:
- Identify and develop one or more research questions.
- Understand the relevance of the research problem and the interdisciplinary implications surrounding it.
- Apply basic principles and knowledge found in the literature related to the proposed research question(s).
- Apply a methodology throughout the research project.
- Interpret, and analyse data.
- Articulate research findings in the form of submission of Research Reports.