Dr. Salur Srikant PatnaikAssistant Professor at Vijaybhoomi School of Science and Technology
Area:Structural Dynamics, FEM, Nanocomposite Materials, Data Science, Active Vibration Control, Biomechanics and Design software
Dr. Salur Srikant Patnaik has completed Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela. During his Ph.D., he has contributed in the structural dynamics area by considering various complex shell structures for vibration damping analysis. He also presented his research work at University of Technology (UTS) Sydney, Australia in November, 2019 and IISc Bengaluru in March, 2023 in international conference. After Ph.D. submission, he has worked in a Government sponsored project at Indian Institute of technology (IIT) Delhi in Applied Mechanics department as Post-doctoral Research Associate.
During his research journey, he has published several reputed journal (SCI/Scopus) papers and Indian patents. He has worked in three different Government body (DST, MHRD & DRDO) sponsored projects at IIT Delhi and NIT Rourkela. Before this, He has done his Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Machine Design specialization and Bachelor of Engineering (B. E.) in Mechanical Engineering from SSTC-FET and MPCCET Bhilai, Chhattisgarh respectively. He is having more than a Decade of teaching and research experience starting from August, 2010.
- Python, MATLAB, Simulink, ANSYS, APDL, Solid Works, Creo, Auto-Cad
- Working on the testing of indigenously developed ‘Dynamic Mechanical Analysis’ (DMA) equipment (under IMPRINT initiative by MHRD) for possible commercialization and patenting of DMA in collaboration with Prof Tarapada Roy (ME, NIT Rourkela)
- Structural active vibration damping control using piezoelectric patches
- Failure prediction of structures using machine learning and neural network
- Mathematical modelling of artificial muscle actuators for power augmentation
- Fabrication, design and viscoelastic modelling of different type of CNTs based nanocomposite and hybrid composite
- Study of material damping and structural damping for several applications based on hybrid materials based shell and foil structures